Tuesday, January 08, 2013

News at Eleven: None of her jobs, she notes, had anything

to do with poetry, which she continued to write on the side.

"I don't think that I ever believed that poetry would be a career," [Dana] Goodyear says. "I have always thought of poems as something more private than professional. . . . I would never introduce myself as a poet. I will always have some other thing that I am."

Yet poet she is, with pieces published in the New Yorker, the Paris Review and the New American Poetry Review, among other outlets. "The Oracle of Hollywood Boulevard" is her second published collection, after the critically acclaimed "Honey and Junk: Poems," which came out in 2006.

from Los Angeles Times: Dana Goodyear wouldn't introduce herself as a poet
then LA Weekly: Dana Goodyear, L.A.-Based New Yorker Writer, Has a New Book of Poetry

~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments :